We’ve put together a list of our favorite Travel Nurse Housing Sites!
One of the most common questions we get from new travelers is “where do I find housing?”.
Well, look no further! Here’s our top Travel Nurse Housing Sites:
Furnished Finder was designed specifically for traveling nurses and healthcare professionals, which makes it our top pick for Travel Nurse Housing Sites. Furnished Finder is unique in the sense that they rent out for the entire month, making it the perfect fit for travel nurses who typically take 4, 8, and 13 week assignments. Furnished Finder is safe and easy to use. You can even set your monthly budget before searching, so you don’t need to waste your time sifting through options that are too expensive!
Every Furnished Finder host must pass a background check before listing their properties, making this a safe and affordable option for travelers.
Airbnb has quickly become one of the leaders in the temporary housing space. They have a desktop version as well as an easy to use phone app. Just plug in your dates, location, and number of travelers, and you are free to explore your options! Here’s a few quick tips for getting the most out of Airbnb:
- Choose the “Entire Place” option while searching if you want a more private experience. While many Airbnb properties offer separate rooms/bathrooms/etc, choosing this option will only list properties that you will have all to yourself!
- Many Airbnb rentals will offer discounts the longer you stay. Double check the price of the listing after entering your dates to double check that the property offers an extended stay rate!
- Don’t forget the fees! Airbnb has it’s own set of fees, including cleaning fees, service fees, and occupancy fees and taxes. These fees are listed upfront before you book the reservation, so be sure to double check these prices.
- Leave a review! Airbnb operates using a “review” system. Your host will also leave you a rating, and future hosts will look at your rating when determining if they will rent out their property to you. The only way to unlock the review from your host is to leave a review of your own, and vice versa.
VRBO is a long time player in the temporary housing industry, starting out in 1995. Very similar to Airbnb, VRBO connects travelers with 2+ million homes all over the world. VRBO offers 24/7 customer support, a well designed and easy to use website, and top notch safety/security. Just punch in your dates, location, and begin your search!
VRBO is a good option if you plan on traveling with your pets, just be sure to check with the listing to see if it is pet-friendly!
These were our favorite Travel Nurse Housing Sites.
If you have questions or would like more resources to use, get in contact with a recruiter and ask about Travel Nurse Housing. You can also fill out our quick contact form and a recruiter will get to you!
Use caution or avoid the following:
- Facebook Groups – Facebook groups can be a good way to cut out the middle man and connect directly with property owners, however you should always exercise caution whenever exchanging information with anyone found on Facebook. Be sure to check out their profile and never give out any more information than necessary.
- Craigslist – Craigslist is well known for scammers, fake posts, and a host of other issues. There is little to no moderation on craigslist, so you can never be too sure who you are speaking with. If you do run in to issues, Craigslist support will be minimal. We recommend avoiding Craigslist altogether and sticking with a more secure and up to date website.