A Clinical Liaison serves as an advocate for Marvel to our candidates and client facilities by assisting clinical questions, clinical concerns, incidents, and investigations for resolution to decrease liability and risk.
The Clinical Liaison role is an important part of the travel nursing/allied experience. The Clinical Liaison is employed by Marvel, not the facility. The liaison in this role is an RN, with experience working clinically in multiple settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Clinical Liaison:
· Communicates effectively.
· Interacts with a variety of facility staff from different departments/units.
· Reviews all Review Board cases to determine employment or disciplinary action.
· Determines whether a candidate should be counseled, rehirable, or non rehirable through the Review Board process for all BTQ’s.
· Reviews, updates, and maintains Marvel’s Joint Commission policies and procedures.
· Explains and advises clinical protocol to candidates and facilities when needed.
· Coordinates with internal staff to ensure that each candidate has a smooth transition from compliance through last day of employment.
· Trains internal employees on clinical best practices.
· Coordinates communication between the candidate, client facility, and marvel reps for all incidents or clinical issues for resolution.
· Develops relationships in our medical community on behalf of Marvel.
· Schedules speaking engagements at community events as needed.
· Onsite CPR/BLS and safety courses for internal and external.
· Researches and communicates state mandates regarding COVID- 19.
· Research state licensing and state requirements for employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be customer service oriented.
· Must have excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
· Experience working in the healthcare industry.
· Must be an active listener.
· Must have excellent computer skills and thorough documentation skills.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, and ratios per state and discipline.
· Must have excellent organizational skills and be an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
Education and Experience
· Registered Nurse credentials.
· Bachelor of Science degree (BSN).
· Practical nurse experience in multiple clinical settings.
· Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation or CPR.
· Must be able to communicate to a variety of healthcare settings such as hospital, clinics, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation centers and hospices.
· Must be able to work regular daytime hours of 8pm to 5pm Monday through Friday but be flexible enough to work longer hours at times to meet demands.
· Must be able to find resolution in a timely manner for all parties.
· Must be able to report and communicate findings to vendors, boards, candidates, and internal staff.
Who we are:
Humble Driven Smart! These are our core values and we want to succeed! We are high energy and demand a positive attitude. We are growing and there is a lot of potential to move up and manage if you would like. Our accounting department is the most important area of our business to grow. Come be a part of an incredible company!
Job Type: Full-time