IT Specialists will support the company and fellow tech team members with all hardware, software, system administration, and other technology needs. They will work with the rest of the tech team on day to day troubleshooting and larger projects to ensure Marvel and all the teams we support will be set up for success. Specialists will also stay on top of the latest tech and software trends, capabilities as well as offerings to ensure our organization is making the best decisions with how we use and implement technology.
Successful IT Specialists will be able to take direction well and be motivated self-starters. They must be patient and understanding that everyone has different skills especially when it comes to technology. An ideal candidate will always be willing to help others succeed and be willing to jump into situations where they might not have an immediate answer but will always be willing to put in some time and effort to find the best solution. People who enjoy learning new things every day in a fast passed environment will thrive in this role.
- Computer setup, configuration and management:
- Software and regular system updates.
- Account setup for admins and employees.
- Support basic ABM/MDM needs of the technology team
- Workstation and hardware setup:
- Setting up network cable and ensuring strong connectivity
- All hardware such as monitors and mounts, keyboard and mouse, and power cables.
- Be knowledgeable with and able to support Office365 suite, Adobe and various other software.
- Practice effective discovery and problem solving techniques for submitted requests.
- Must be able to combat bug issues or research and find solutions to issues.
- Assist with inventory management of supplies and help prepare orders when necessary.
- Support system admin needs as requested
- Become familiar with capabilities and configurations available across all systems currently used by the organization
- Basic networking to assist in Marvel’s ever-expanding infrastructure including:
- Hardware setup of the network itself
- Basic software management
- Tracking new ports from employee desks to the network port